Please be aware that I can't have flowers - fresh or silk, or plants or food baskets in my room.
For those of you living locally who plan to visit me at Cedars, I was given some rules that I would like to share with you. As you know, I will be very immuo-suppressed from Tuesday on, so visitors will need to be aware of the following rules:
- Visiting hours are 10 AM to 9 PM daily.
- Do not visit unless you are free of illness with no recent exposure to infections or immunizations.
- No children under 18 may visit.
- Wash hands thoroughly before entering the room. You may be asked to wear a mask.
- Do not sit on my bed or put shoes on my bed
- Do not use the bathroom in my hospital room.
I expect to have my cell phone with me and available throughout the stay. But if you can't reach me on my cell, the phone number of the nursing station is 310-423-4415. I can receive calls from 8 AM to 9 PM.
As for current conditions...today is Saturday. I'm feeling excellent. Played tennis this AM. Plan to play again tomorrow before going to a Super Bowl party. Monday will be spent just farting around and buying some last minute items to take to the hospital. Tuesday is check-in day. I'll write more about the expected regimen later this week.