Friday, January 13, 2012

Sleepless at Cedars

Greetings from Cedars Sinai. It's 4:30 am and I've been up sine 3 am. I slept from about 10 pm till 3 am. Except for the fact that I can't sleep, I'm feeling remarkably well. No nausea. No discomfort at all. This despite the fact that I received a large dose of Cytoxan at about 5 pm last night. Since then, I've been getting a constant drip of saline IV. This is to prevent the Cytoxan from staying in and damaging my bladder. So, overall, I have very little in the way of complaints - largely thanks to 1) the amazing effectiveness of the anti-nausea drugs and 2) my good friend Ralph Hattenbach who came by with sandwiches from Jerry's Deli to supplant the limited selection of food available to me here. It turns out that my official status is that of an outpatient, so I don't have access to the hospital food service. What I can get is essentially vending machine food. It is a sad day when hospital cafeteria food is considered an upgrade. But Ralph saved the day and I'm comfortable and relieved at how well things have gone so far. I expect to be released by 11 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment