Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mobiilization

Greetings from lovely Cedars Sinai. I'm checked in and hooked up to an IV unit and presently marinating in saline solution. In about two hours, they will pump zofran, an anti-nausea med, into me followed by the dreaded Cytoxan. I'm told I will be receiving IVs all night and into the morning. My nurse, Sim, assures me that I won't get nauseous, unless I try to eat the hospital food. He actually warned me that the food service consists of sandwiches and encouraged me to make alternate arrangements. So I'm trying to get someone who lives nearby to bring me some dinner, but if worst comes to worst, Jerry's Deli is right across the street and they deliver.

The room here is a bit different. I am not in a real hospital room, but an anteroom that adjoins the infusion area. It is quite sparse. There is a bed, a lounge chair a TV with VCR and DVD. And what for lack of a better term what I would call a "murphy toilet", which is a toilet bowl that swivels out of the wall. This is where I will be spending the next 20 hours or so.

But I'm well armed with my iPad which is loaded with entertainment. The Badgers tip off against Purdue in about an hour, so that will keep me occupied for a few hours. Sim advised me that I am likely to experience some headachey symptoms from the Cytoxan which will linger and go away.

So, here we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment