Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day +7.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. I was feeling awful. Very weak and very nauseous. As of today, my white blood cell coint has dropped to .2 , which makes me highly neutropenic. Today is not much better.
I Had a period of vomiting today for the first time. Clearly that was no fun. My daily routine consists of being woken up for blood draw and taking of vitals. I then pick at my breakfast and the get separated from my IV so I can shower.theni typically walk around the ward a couple of timers to keep my strength and my mood up. Lunch follows and then I try to read or nap until dinner. All along the way,I'm prodded and probed by various medial professionals.

I'm told to expect things will stay like this for a few more days. So I'm trying to make the best of it. With any luck I can be home by this time next week.

Cancer sucks

6 comments:

  1. Ed,

    You'll turn the corner in three days.

    Hang on. Yes, nausea is the worst of it, but stay hydrated. Water, at least, never becomes detestable. And I found some juices were okay.

    Ask for them.

    Danny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that you're not feeling well. I tried calling, but you were probably sleeping. Hopefully this is the end of you being naeseous. Hopefully you're getting an IV of sugar water. Love you VERY much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you are feeling lousy since your creative pics are no longer posted with your blog. Have they been giving you Emend?
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you're not feeling well...hope it passes soon...sang "Saw the Light" by Todd for you last week and dedicated it to you at the karaoke bar...also won $50 that night for singing Todd and another few songs...go figure...you're at one of the best hospitals in the country so hopefully they're doing all they can to help you. I know you'll be okay.
    Love,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Push through it, Ed - a few more days of this. You can do it. All of us who have experienced the misery wish we could help you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. May the Circle Be Unbroken...don't know why that song just came to me, Ed, but it did. Hang in there. Sending you white light and healing vibes and lots of love.

    Here's something to cheer you up:
    What's the difference between God and a Doctor?
    God doesn't think he's a Doctor!

    Okay...maybe this will do it?
    Top Ten Ways To Know You Are A Cancer Survivor
    10 Your alarm clock goes off at 6 a.m. and you're glad to hear it.
    9. Your mother-in-law invites you to lunch and you just say NO.
    8. You're back in the family rotation to take out the garbage.
    7. When you no longer have an urge to choke the person who says, "all you need to beat cancer is the right attitude."
    6. When your dental floss runs out and you buy 1000 yards.
    5. When you use your toothbrush to brush your teeth and not comb your hair.
    4. You have a chance to buy additional life insurance but you buy a new convertible car instead.
    3. Your doctor tells you to lose weight and do something about your cholesterol and you actually listen.
    2. When your biggest annual celebration is again your birthday, and not the day you were diagnosed.
    1. When you use your Visa card more than your hospital parking pass.

    ReplyDelete