Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day +10 turning the corner?

It is Sunday and day +10 and I'm starting to feel close to human. As many of you have surmised, I was just feeling too rotten to type out updates. For the past several days, my white blood cell count approached zero which in addition to leaving me with no immune system, I was very weak. I mostly stayed in bed for the past several days dealing with constant nausea, diarrhea, and a huge red zit on the end of my nose that really hurts. Today,I woke up feeling quite stronger and was advised that my WBC had rocketed'to 2.4 - a very encouraging development. One of the docs here thinks I could be ready for dismissal as soon as today. While that would be lovely , I don't seeing happening. I would happily settle for tomorrow. But like all things here, it's wait and see.

Meanwhile, I'm starting to slowly get my appetite back and am walking around as much as I can. Hopefully , the next update I send will be from home.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Ed. Glad you are starting to feel better - Steve Grant

    ReplyDelete