Thursday, November 29, 2018

Quick Update



Checking back into Cedars today for Round 5B.  The past 4 “B” arms have been comparatively easier and shorter than the “A”s.  Primarily because I am able to pass the methotrexate infusion relatively quickly, which is the criteria for getting my release.  So…if following form, I would hope to be home by Monday evening.  Although Tuesday may be a more realistic goal.  We’ll see.

This has been a rather rough respite since my last release.  I suffered from a lingering cold which finally got antibiotic treatment.  While the antibiotics seem to be clearing the congestion, they have caused gastro-intestinal problems (I’ll spare you the details), so things have been rather uncomfortable.  I kind of feel a bit cheated as far as my recovery time.  But nevertheless, I’m looking forward to checking off this hospital stay.  Once I do, there will be only two remaining.  So the end of treatment is now clearly in sight.

I’ll be at Cedars for the first few nights of Hanukkah.  Not the worst place to be, as there will likely be some festivities.  Our family celebration will be observed when I get home. Meanwhile, Happy Hanukkah to all my fellow festival of lights celebrants.  And while I’m at Cedars, I plan to watch Adam Sandler’s Eight Crazy Nights for about the 300th time.

1 comment: